Tuesday, August 11, 2015

10 words of assurance that will “ROCK” your faith…#2


#2 - Security

I couldn’t sleep last night.  In between the 10 minute cat naps I heard a horrible story about a 3 year old girl, on vacation with her parents in France, who was left behind at a rest area.  For some unknown reason, the parents didn’t realize it for 90 miles.  90 MILES!  The reporter giving the story said that the 3 year old was able to say these words - “dad’s car left me.”  WOW.  How she must have felt all alone in that rest stop area.  Thankfully the police were able to find the parents and reunite the child.

It’s one of our worst fears as a young person isn’t it?  Being alone.  Being alone or being forsaken has caused many young people to do things they may never have done if they just had the security to know that they were loved and cared for by someone at home.

One of the great assurances we have as a believer, one of the rocks we hold tight to in our most difficult times is the truth of the security we have in Jesus Christ.  He has promised that he will NEVER (ever, ever, ever) Leave us and Never will he forsake us.  Isn’t that good new!  Here, you read them for yourself:

Hebrews 13:5 - Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

Duet. 31:6 - Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”

All of us have been left alone at some point, whether by a scorned ex-girlfriend, or a mean set of personal friends or even by a parent struggling to make ends meet.  It is an uneasy feeling.  God has made us to be in community with people.  The problem is often PEOPLE.  We pick and choose and some are left out, left alone or left deserted by ones they thought were close to them.  We often feel that way in our most desperate of crisis as well.  Often times we cry out to God  - “God, where are you?  I need you, I am alone and I can’t go on…GOD, WHERE ARE YOU?  (Have you ever been there?)

Hear again the words of the Lord - “I will never leave you, I will never forsake you…”
When we fail to see him in the midst of our deepest need or are most hurtful times of loneliness, the reality is this - He never left.  He never forsook, renounced, abandon, deserted, quit, left or rejected us ever for all times!  When we thought he moved away, he actually moved closer.  Don’t believe me?  Hear again what his word says:

Isaiah 41:10 - fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Isaiah 41:17 - When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue is parched with thirst, I the LORD will answer them; I the God of Israel will not forsake them.

Psalm 37:25 - I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread.

Isaiah 42:16 - I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.

Isaiah 55:1 - "Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat!

Isaiah 58:11 - The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.

Isaiah 65:24 - Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear.

Are those not amazing verses from God through his word?!  Not only will he not leave us, or will he not forsake us, but also he promises that nothing will separate us from his love.  God said in the book of Romans theses amazing words.  When you are fearful, when you feel like everyone has abandon you and no one loves you - go to this verse and be renewed by the fact that nothing can separate you from God’s love for you as his dear child.  Here is the verse:

Rm. 8:31 - What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can bei against us? 32He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? 33Who shall bring any charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. 34Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us.j 35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? 36As it is written,

“For your sake we are being killed all the day long;we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.”

37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

And then, listen to what Jesus said about our security and the power of God - these verses our amazing:

"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they shall never perish; and no one shall snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand." (John 10:27-29)


Here it is believers - do not fret, or worry or be insecure in your faith.  God has given you a great and mighty gift - Salvation.  And he is willing to protect that gift at all cost.  No one is as strong as he is; no one is as powerful as he is - he will keep you secure.  AND - do not be afraid when you feel alone or forsaken by the world.  God has never forsaken you, nor will he ever leave you.  Every one of our earthly friends may threaten to, but God never will.

I moved to Chicago Illinois with my family when I was a small boy.  Our family had grown in five years to Mom, Dad and 4 boys and 1 girl.  Now, if you do not know me, let me just say that we didn’t grow up in the “MINIVAN” era.  Mom had all five of us in our Datsun Station wagon, or should I say MINI station wagon.  I remember sitting in the back and mom popping the clutch.  The car jerked and I went flying, hitting the back gate and popping it open.  The next thing I remember is hitting the pavement and watching mom drive away.  Horrified, I jumped to my feet and ran as fast as my 5 year old legs could take me fearing that mom wasn’t going to see me and leave me all alone.  Believers, to many of us feel like I did, especially when crisis hits our life.  We feel like a 5 year old running after God, not thinking he sees us or he hears us, or worse yet, that he wants nothing to do with us.  Poppycock!  Today, let His very words speak security to you.  He will never leave you, he will never forsake you and nothing can separate you from His glorious love.

You are Loved!

No comments:

Post a Comment