Monday, September 1, 2014

Pastor Nate's Top 10 Worship Songs for the Rest of 2014


Every year I like to set forth a list of songs that I believe churches should be singing in the ministry year that is to come.  This year is no different, except for the fact that I wanted to include several songs that many of you have never heard.

So here we go…

#10 - Sovereign Over Us - Aaron Keys



We have been singing this song for a couple of month.  What a great song to sing to the Lord - Your plans our still to prosper, you have not forgotten us…Faithful forever, perfect in love you are sovereign over us.  Placing God in the proper place.  He’s the sovereign, he’s the ruler, he’s the King of kings and Lord of lords.  Sing along with the video.

There is strength within the sorrow, There is beauty in our tears
You meet us in our mourning, With a love that casts out fear
You are working in our waiting, Sanctifying us
When beyond our understanding, You're teaching us to trust

CHORUS
Your plans are still to prosper, You have not forgotten us
You're with us in the fire and the flood
Faithful forever, Perfect in love
You are sovereign over us

You are wisdom unimagined, Who could understand your ways
Reigning high above the heavens, Reaching down in endless grace
Youʼre the Lifter of the lowly, Compassionate and kind
You surround and You uphold me, Your promises are my delight

Even what the enemy means for evil
You turn it for our good, You turn it for our good and for your glory
Even in the valley You are faithful
Youʼre working for our good, Youʼre working for our good and for your glory

#9) My Heart is Yours - Kristian Stanfill
This song starts with some of the best words we should be singing every day of our lives.  “I give you my life, I give you my trust…You are my GOD and you are enough.”  Who are we singing that too?  JESUS…”take it all, take it all, Jesus.” 

One thing I also love about this song is the blending of new and old.  All to Jesus, I surrender is a proper and wonderful close to this song for sure.  I hope you enjoy the video and I hope you can seriously worship to the words of this song.


I give You my life I give You my trust
Jesus
You are my God You are enough
Jesus

My heart is Yours My heart is Yours
Take it all Take it all
My life in Your hands

I lay down my life And take up my cross
Jesus
For You are my God Whatever the cost
Jesus
For You, Jesus

All to Jesus I surrender
All to You I freely give
I will ever love and trust You
In Your presence I will live

Enjoy and look for more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment