Friday, September 5, 2014

Song's #4 and #3 from PNates Top Ten Worship Songs you should be singing the remainder of 2014

Song #4 - #1 are so close in my heart.  At any given moment over these past few weeks I have been singing one of these songs. All of them are either fun or passionate or griping to the soul.  So let’s start with:

#4) Sing Out - Jesus Culture
When I first heard Sing Out I couldn’t help but think about Rich Mullins.  The hammer dulcimer that they used in this song was amazing. Only Rich Mullins had used the dulcimer in a song before that I can recall.
Anyways, I remember playing the song at the house several month ago while Ben was watching TV.  When it was done, he turned to me and said, “Dad, why don’t we sing that one in church…it’s really good.”  He’s right!

Look at the lyrics - “Let every heart, let every tongue, Lift up Your name with all creation sing. Let earth resound with heavens praise and with one voice let all creation sing…Worthy is the Lamb that was slain.”  It’s the song of heaven and I suggest we start practicing these lyrics now. 

Worthy is the lamb That was slain
Glory be unto Your Great Name

(Pre-Chorus)
You are, You are
You are, Holy

(Chorus)
Let every heart, Let every tongue
Lift up your name, With all creation sing
Let earth resound With heaven's praise
And with one voice Let all creation sing

(Verse 2)
Holy is the lamb That was slain
All creation Every tongue proclaim

(Pre-Chorus)
You are, You are
You are, Holy

(Chorus)
Let every heart Let every tongue
Lift up your name With all creation sing
Let earth resound With heaven's praise
And with one voice Let all creation sing

(Bridge)
We sing, sing out
We sing, Holy is your name
We sing, sing out
We sing, Worthy is your name


#3) Oh the Blood - Jacob Sooter

Harvest Bible Chapel’s and the Vertical Church Bands own Jacob Sooter makes our top 3 with a song close to my heart, Oh the Blood.

You were bleeding, nearly breathing as your father looked away
You were fighting, forever writing my name on the pages of eternity
such a mystery, the Lamb of God in place of me

Oh the blood, oh the blood of Christ A fountain of Your Love that never runs dry
Oh the blood, Let it cover me,
the power of Your blood is my victory. the power of Your blood is my victory.

It was crowded and we all shouted crucify the King of Kings
In that moment it was spoke Father forgive them of their sin
See what he has done, The Son of Man has over come

In agony and shame my victory attained
Jesus on the Cross for me
In agony and shame my victory attained
Jesus on the Cross for me

Sadly, I don’t have a video for you to see.  I would suggest that you go to iTunes or Amazon and purchase this album.  It is called - Jacob Sooter - WEDDING DAY

Tonight - #2 and #1  Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment