Friday, August 16, 2013

#4 song of the "Year One Church Planters Top 10"


"One Thing Remains"

Think of the incredible promise - Your Love never fails!  Even when I fail, it remains constant and steady and eager for me to return to Him.  Or when I choose to give up and punt on my faith -it never gives up.  Amazingly, it never, ever gives up.  I could be the worst of the worst sinners…like Paul of the New Testament, who called himself the "CHIEF of SINNERS". God's gracious Love had another plan - Salvation.  His love is higher than the mountains, stronger than the thing we fear the most - death and even more constant in our hardest trials.

But I have to confess, in this world of selfishness and dis-contentedness, where relationships are held together by one strand of thread and thrown away over pettiness and stupidity - I am blown away that God never runs out on me.  Not that he can't -HE WON'T; He told us so - "I Will Never Leave You, or FORSAKE YOU." - Hebrews 13:5b.  Every day his mercies are new towards those who love him and are called by his name. Every morning when we wake up - He is there.  Every time we fail - He never gives up, He draws near and urges us to repent and get right.   When we are weak, He is strong.  When we are afraid, He gently, yet powerfully holds are hand.  When we are angry or frustrated because we didn't get what we wanted - He unveils the bigger picture.  BUT HE NEVER BOLTS!  HE NEVER GIVES UP! HE NEVER RUNS OUT ON ME (or you).

Now, I don't know what the author was thinking when they penned this song, but this is the  praise that should be uttered from every believers lips.  It will ring through eternity - "God, your love never fails! Never gives up! Never runs out on me!  I will worship you with all my heart."

 Let's do that now.  Play the video and sing along at the top of your lungs - here's the lyrics:

Chorus:
Your love never fails
It never gives up
It never runs out on me
(x3)
Your love

Verse 1:
Higher than the mountains
That I face
Stronger than the power
Of the grave
Constant in the trial and the change
One thing remains
One thing remains

Chorus

Verse 2:

Because on and on and

On and on it goes 

It overwhelms

And satisfies my soul

And I never, ever, 

Have to be afraid 

One thing remains 

One thing remains


Chorus


Bridge:

In death, in life

I'm confident and covered 

By the power of Your great love 

My debt is paid

There's nothing that can separate
My heart from Your great love


No comments:

Post a Comment