Wednesday, August 7, 2013

#9 in our year one top ten:
ANOTHER TIE! 
9a - We're United!  Who could forget the live recording at Harvest University!  2500 brothers and sisters in Christ, from all over the world, screaming out "we're united…"  Early on we sang this song about every other week.  Rightly so, it's a great anthem for unity and purpose.  Here are some of the lyrics:
"How good it is to gather at Your throne
Father you have called us as Your own
Bind our hearts together now in love
Be glorified in us
Spirit stir our hearts in unity
Standing in the presence of the King
Lifting up Your Word as one we sing
Be glorified in us; Be glorified in us

Bound as one, standing strong
there is nothing that can over come
for the fame of your Son
WERE UNITED!
"


9b - JAILBREAK!  not a great title for a worship song, but what great lyrics.  And for our church, instrumentally this is a great fit as well.
"Go on and speak against my borrowed innocence;
The JUDGE is my defense - I'm going free
Right when the gavel fell, I heard the freedom bell
ring through the gates of Hell - I'm going free, I'm going free

Glory, glory, Hallelujah, you threw my shackels in the sea
Glory, glory, Hallelujah, Jesus is my victory - Im going free,

some day I'll fly away on your amazing grace
Your love is my jailbreak I'm going free"

'
(LOVE IT!)

No comments:

Post a Comment