Thursday, August 15, 2013

#5 song of the Year One church planters top ten:


"Open Up the Heavens - Meredith Andrews/Vertical Church Band"

That's what its all about right?! While here on earth, as worshipers, we long for nothing more than the glory of God to rend the heavens and come down!  Even writing that give me a stirring in my heart…thinking about God's glory, his transcendence coming an resting in our service and motivating the unmotivated and saving the unsaved and restoring the hope in marriages and hope in hurts being taken away all the while his word is preached and hearts are listening.  Oh, I long for that every week.

I couldn't decide which version I enjoyed more.  The Vertical Church Band's CD version live was stellar…(see video below). I wish I could have been there, but about 2 times a month, I plug in my iPhone to my car port and crank up Meredith Andrews version.  I love the violin/cello action on the chorus of this song. In the car we joke - with a sense of hopefulness - that we could see my mom and dad up there playing along.  I even have mom's motions down as she breaks out her viola…Its the longing of every believers heart - Lord unveil our eyes and show us your glory and power and strength in this place today!

Open up the heavens,
we want to see you,
open up the flood gates,
a mighty river,
flowing from your heart,
filling every part of our praise


Show us, show us your glory
Show us, Show us your power
Show us, show us your glory LORD!





Lord unveil our eyes!!!
Blessings - Pastor Nate Out

No comments:

Post a Comment