Tuesday, August 6, 2013

#10 - It's a tie!
10a - Beautiful Things by Gungor. 
I have to go back to April pre-launch in our basement and Mike Bergerson showing me the cords to the chorus/bridge.  First time I played it in Drop D!  I remember the whole basement core team singing it and really looking at the words -

"All around
Hope is springing up from this old ground
Out of chaos life is being found in You (
those are some great lyrics)

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us"





10b is my wife's favorite song - Whom Shall I Fear [God of Angel Armies] by Chris Tomlin.  My wife isn't one to suggest much when it comes to worship songs.  I do remember the day she just couldn't get that song out of her head.  She watched the video maybe a dozen times.  What a great truth - "whom shall I fear?"  Be blessed by these lyrics/they are amazing! - This is our God! Worship Him!

"You hear me when I call; You are my morning song
Though darkness fills the night; It cannot hide the light
          Whom shall I fear?
You crush the enemy; Underneath my feet
You are my sword and shield; Though troubles linger still
           Whom shall I fear?

I know who goes before me; I know who stands behind
The God of angel armies Is always by my side
The one who reigns forever He is a friend of mine
The God of angel armies Is always by my side.
.."





No comments:

Post a Comment